If you’re on this page, chances are that you’ve already heard about Wealthy Affiliate. If you’re like the rest of us, then you have been researching, trying to find out, is Wealthy Affiliate legit or a scam? I hope to shed some light on the this program and help you make an informed decision regarding your question.
Have you ever been interested in creating your own website? Sharing your life experiences with the world while letting that same website make you money in the background. That is what being a marketing affiliate is all about.
Wealthy Affiliate can help you learn how to create a website and turn your favorite hobby into an online money maker.
What does being a FREE member of Wealthy Affiliate offer?
- There are hours upon hours of potential training videos, tutorials, discussions, live video training, and even an open forum discussion.
- They offer you a FREE membership with access to easy to follow training with a FREE Trial of 7 days.
- The FREE membership allows you two FREE WordPress websites that are fully functional through a Siterubix domain.
- A credit card is not required to set up an account or to stay on as a FREE member.
- It has, by far, one of the most Helpful Communities. The other members openly welcome everyone that joins and are always very fast to offer assistance when asked.
- The 2 founders are openly active within the community and are always putting up new training or welcoming new people with an open invitation to help out.
What about the Premium member perks?
- FREE WordPress themes and plugins. It’s actually a much larger index of available themes and plugins to use in modifying your website.
- FREE Keyword Research Tool help you find those “hot topics” that are going to get your website all it’s traffic.
- FREE Rapid Writer that gives you a place to write your pages, posts, and articles. I use it to record ideas about future pages/posts that I want to add to my website later.
- Unlimited WordPress websites hosted at SiteRubix state-of-art hosting super-fast WordPress optimized cloud servers. There is also a much larger index of available themes and plugins to use in modifying your website.
- You can have up to 25 active domains hosted within Wealthy Affiliate. You can even transfer your current domain over to their servers.
- Several classrooms on all the topics that will help you learn how to become a successful online business owner.
- Weekly one-hour long live webinars about new and interesting tips, strategies and ideas. There is always a one-hour long session for Q & A afterwards with the presenter.
What Happens When You Finish Your Free Lessons
The Free 7 day trial can go by fairly quick. Especially when you’ve been dug into the training, absorbing all the knowledge you can before the 7 days are over. There is always a discount for choosing to upgrade to a Premium account before the 7 days are over. (listed below)
Wealthy Affiliate has two price points:
- Starter membership costs you $0 – free to join and learn, free to stay forever
- Premium membership costs you $19 the first month (if you take advantage of the 59% discount during the first 7 days after joining) and $47 the following months. You may cancel at any time, if you wish to do so. If you decide to pay on a yearly basis, the Premium membership will cost you $359. That would save you $205 than if you paid $47 per month during a year ($47 x 12 months = $564; $564 – $359 = $209 in savings, seems like a good deal!).
Wealthy affiliates vast amount of training tools are unreal…!
It can actually be a little bit overwhelming when you first start poking around all the options. They have a 10 part, entry level training called “Getting Started”, which if followed will help you set up your account profile, encourage you to reach out to the community, and help you create your first real time website. Try to keep focused on working through the training courses and that should help with the overwhelming part.
There is also another 10 part training course called “Affiliate Boot camp”, which will help you learn another way to create an income source as a promoter of Wealthy Affiliate.
Both of these training courses are offered to you in your Free 7 day trial membership.
As a premium member, you have access to these two courses and several others. They are all staged to help walk you through the process of building a website from the ground up, learning how to bring people to your website, and ultimately learning how to earn some extra money.
From the moment you join Wealthy Affiliate, you’re instantly greeted by the founders and your coach (the person you signed up through). With in a few minutes, you will start having people follow you and posting to your profile. It’s good to actually follow as many people as you can. This will allow you to see if they’ve added any training or materials that could benefit you.
What are some of the benefits to joining Wealthy Affiliate?
- NO CREDIT CARD NEEDED TO JOIN!!!!
- NO additional software to download and NO installation required. The entire program is available online and can be accessed via your phone, tablet, laptop, or desktop.
- The training is structured to be able to learn as fast or slow as you need.
- The amount of information available through the available training can help you learn multiple methods to making money online.
- The support system inside Wealthy Affiliate offers instant chat, comment/feedback request systems, forums, classrooms, tutorials, and direct messaging.
- Support and feedback from real people out there trying to do what you want. Expert bloggers and successful Internet entrepreneurs, including WA’s owners and co-founders Kyle and Carson, who can help you and share their experiences along the way.
What are some of the downsides to Wealthy Affiliate?
- Coming into the program brand new can be a little bit overwhelming. There is so much information available. That is why I recommend sticking with the “Getting Started” training, then working through each of the next available classrooms.
- It is not a “Get Rich Quick Scheme”. It requires a fair amount of learning and time to develop all the necessary parts that will start bringing any money in. (Not technically a downside, but who doesn’t want a get rich quick scheme that actually works??)
- ummm… I can’t really think of any more..
Like I’ve said all along. Take care to pace yourself through the training in order. I found myself reading comments and skipping ahead. I started out wanting to get right to the part that was going to let me quit my day job.
Is Wealthy Affiliate the right choice for me?
Wealthy Affiliate is perfect for anyone that wants to learn how to build a successful online business. From anyone looking to build a free website for beginners to experienced website developers looking for a warm community with excellent information and hosting abilities.
Do you fall into one of the categories below?
- Stay at home parents looking for extra income.
- Just lost your job and need something else to try?
- Anyone looking to make some extra money part time online.
- Anyone interested in creating/maintaining their own blogs or portfolios.
- Local business owners wanting to have a stronger online presence.
- Anyone trying to learn more about affiliate marketing and the best strategies to generate a passive income.
- Retirees looking for some supplemental income and a way to fill their time.
- Anyone looking for an easy to use website builder and hosting platform.
- And much more!
There really isn’t much else that I could add at this point. Remember, you can try it out for FREE and keep testing out the 2 free websites. You will lose access to all the additional training after the 7 day trial though. If you decide to sign up for the Premium service, you will continue on with all the training materials and actually be able to create and build your own domain.
I know this is coming from someone whom already signed up with them, but it just seems like a no-brainer if you meet any of the categories above.
Thanks for all the time you’ve spent reading through this review. Please feel free to add any comments or questions to this page. I will try to get back to you quickly. Here is another link, just in case you missed the first several.
What are you waiting for?